The following information comes from our friends at ALERT, the Altadena Local Emergency Radio Team.
An amateur radio license exam will be administered on February 16, 2019 at the Altadena Sheriff Station.
- Review session 1:30-3:00 PM
- Testing session begins @ 3PM.
- Be on time. Allow about 40 min to take exam. Exam is corrected right away.
- Photo identification (driver license or passport are best)
- Federal Registration Number (FRN) from FCC website or Social Security Number
- Pencils and/or pens
- A pocket calculator (not really necessary, but some people like to have one)
- $15 exam fee, cash or check. Exam fees are collected on behalf of ARRL/VEC which has an agreement with the FCC to process license exams and applications.
- Completed FCC Form 605
CONTACT: Dep. Paige for more information and to sign up for this opportunity to earn your amateur radio license. DCPAIGE@LASD.ORG or cell # 626-241-2499.