In lieu of our May monthly meeting, SPARC will hold its first-ever contest, a VHF and Up Sprint.
When: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 from 1930 to 2000 PDT.
The goal of this informal contest is for participants to make as many VHF/UHF simplex contacts as possible in thirty minutes. All modes and VHF/UHF bands are allowed, but please be sure to follow band plans, use established simplex frequencies, and listen before transmitting. A few recognized southern California FM simplex frequencies are: 145.600, 146.520, 146.550, 223.500, and 446.000. Spotting and coordinating with others is permitted and encouraged. No prizes will be awarded, but the top scores will be recognized and posted to SouthPasRadio.org .
- The contest will be held on Wednesday, May 6, 2020 from 1930 to 2000 PDT.
- The contest is open to any licensed amateur radio operator.
- Only amateur frequencies from 144 MHz and up are allowed.
- All modes are allowed, but contacts using repeaters or satellites are not permitted.
- The exchange is call sign and signal report (RST).
- Participants will keep a log of contacts.
- Participants will email only the number of contacts made to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 2030 PDT. Operators with top scores may be asked to submit logs for confirmation.
- Scores will be announced by 2100 PDT via email.
Hope to hear you on the air on May 6.
Rick Besocke, KI6ZKM
President, South Pasadena Amateur Radio Club